We are recruiting
We currently have a position available in our Dublin-based company, which is in an exciting new phase of growth and development. Develop your skills, support mission-critical services of the national registry and be part of a high-performing team.
Policy and Compliance Officer
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the Policy and Compliance Officer will be the subject matter expert on .ie domain policy and compliance. This person will be responsible for handling data protection and GDPR compliance matters, liaising with relevant regulatory bodies and assisting the .IE Operations Team as an escalated point of contact for queries relating to .ie policies, domain disputes, or complaints. This person will also be responsible for coordinating the operations of the multi-stakeholder Policy Advisory Committee.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, in addition to strong organisational, multi-tasking, and relationship-building abilities. The ideal candidate should also have professional experience in internet policy development, and a working knowledge of data protection laws. An understanding of International information security standards (e.g. ISO 27001:2013) would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will be based in our head office in Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin. Initially, this role will be performed remotely, in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Government and Ireland’s health authorities.
As part of this role you will:
- Be a subject matter expert on .ie policies, and be the escalated point of contact for policy queries, .ie domain registration dispute resolution services, and liaison with regulatory bodies,
- Advise the Senior Management team on upcoming national/international regulatory and legislative changes which may impact .ie policy, and develop responses to emerging best practices within the domain industry with regard to policy and compliance matters,
- Act as the Secretariat to the multi-stakeholder Policy Advisory Committee, working closely with a variety of stakeholders including our reseller channel partners, cybersecurity/IT and legal professionals, government agencies, trade associations and industry representative organisations, amongst others,
- Coordinate the implementation of policy changes and related projects, by proactively working with internal teams and external stakeholders,
- Coordinate .IE’s compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations, including applicable data protection laws. As part of this work, you will handle data protection impact assessments, access requests from law enforcement agencies and data subjects, in addition to ensuring that all aspects of .IE’s operations continue to incorporate the principles of the EU General Data Protection Regulation,
- Conduct internal compliance auditing checks on .IE operations for adherence to .ie policies,
- Conduct company-wide training on policy and data protection matters on a routine basis,
- Be an advocate for the .ie namespace.
Required Qualifications/ Experience & Skills
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience. The ideal candidate must also:
- Be a confident and clear communicator
- Have excellent relationship-building skills
- Have policy development, policy research and report writing experience
- Have, at a minimum, an academic knowledge of data protection laws
- Exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure
- Be skilled at explaining legally or technically complex matters in an accessible and understandable manner
- Have the proven ability to work independently and proactively, with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Have experience working with executive-level stakeholders.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications, but not mandatory
Candidates with skills or qualifications in the following areas will have a distinct advantage:
- A basic understanding of the operation of the domain name system (DNS) technical infrastructure and the internet ecosystem
- An understanding of the EU NIS Directive and related obligations of designated Operators of Essential Services
- Experience with International standards for information security (e.g. ISO 27001:2013)
Salary and Benefits Package
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- We offer a performance-based bonus scheme, access to a defined contribution pension scheme and a personal health insurance plan
- Comprehensive induction and sector familiarisation will be provided
- Appropriate Training & Professional Development will be paid for by us
- Access to the Bike to work & Taxsaver programs is provided
How to apply: Apply through our Linkedin job posting.
We are the registry for .ie internet domain names and we operate and maintain the .ie database. Our purpose is to enable and empower people, communities and businesses across Ireland to thrive online.
We celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, civil status, disability or gender identity.
At .IE, we respect your right to privacy, all applications will be processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws.