The following processes are detailed within the Policy –
- Domain Registration – we explain how to register a .ie domain name. All applicants must provide evidence of their connection to Ireland and identity. Information on the types of evidence we accept is also included.
- Domain renewal – how to renew a .ie domain and what happens if you don’t renew.
- Domain modifications – we explain how to update .ie domain registration data. This includes updating contact information, updating DNS records and changing registrar.
- Registrant transfer (or domain holder change) – we explain how you can request to transfer a .ie domain to a new registrant.
- Reserved .ie Names – a reserved domain name is one which the Registry has decided to keep off of the list of names available to register. There is also a category of domain names which are blocked for security or technical reasons and these cannot be applied for and will not be available for registration nor will a list of these names be published. More details on Reserved .ie domain names can be found here.